Leslie B. Spoltore
Print This Page
Leslie Spoltore focuses her practice in both family law and commercial litigation. She has experience in all Delaware courts, particularly with appeals to the Delaware Supreme Court.
In her family law practice, she assists clients with divorce, adoptions, child support and alimony, custody and guardianship, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, and property divisions, including the valuation of closely held businesses. In addition to her work as a litigator, Ms. Spoltore serves as a neutral assessor, mediator and arbitrator.
In addition, her practice includes commercial and corporate litigation including breach of contract actions, books and records demands, matters involving fiduciary duties and corporate governance, non-competition agreements, summary proceedings such as temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions.
Ms. Spoltore serves as a volunteer attorney for Delaware Volunteer Legal Services and the Office of The Child Advocate. In addition, she served as a coach for the Delaware Futures High School Mock Trial team.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Spoltore was a partner at a large Philadelphia law firm where she practiced in their litigation department. Prior to that, she served as the Director of Legal Affairs for the Family Court of the State of Delaware. As Director of Legal Affairs, Leslie served as a Special Master and conducted temporary contact and divorce hearings, provided counsel to the Chief Judge and Court Administrator, drafted Family Court rules of civil and criminal procedure and drafted legislation.
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member, Delaware Volunteer Legal Services
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Melson-Arsht Inn of Court
- Delaware Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Delaware Bar Association, Women and the Law Section
- Delaware Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Christopher W. White Distinguished Access to Justice Service to Children Award (2018)
- Selected for inclusion in “Women Leaders in the Law” by ALM (2015)
- Named one of Delaware's top lawyers in Delaware Today magazine (2012, 2013)
Related In the Community
Related Presentations & Seminars
Related Blog Posts
- November is National Adoption Month!
- Protection from Abuse Orders in Delaware
- Adult Adoption In Delaware
- Delaware Prohibits Child Marriage
- Dividing Personal Property In Delaware
- Making the Most of the Alternate Dispute Resolution Process During a Divorce
- Reducing Stress During a Divorce
- Medicaid Expansion May Reduce Medical Divorce Rates
- Fletcher Cox Case Brings Attention to the Claim of Alienation of Affection
- Are We Headed for Divorce Season?
- How Decisions Regarding Custody and Visitation are Made in Delaware
- Is The Decision To Divorce Genetic?
Click here for a description of the standard or methodology on which the awards and honors are based. No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.