Archives: 06 2017

Registration of Out of State Custody Orders

Most states have adopted the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). This Act requires one state court to recognize the custody order of another state court.  In order for an out of state custody order to be recognized and enforced by another state, it must first be “registered.”  This entails the filing of a Peti...


Support Order Based on Evidence Outside of Record Vacated

Within the last five years, the issue of evidence outside of the record being considered by the trial court was raised in an appeal from a custody order in CMP v. MP, 54 A.3 950 (Pa. Super. 212)). Recently, the case of Johnson v. Johnson, 153 A.3 318 (Pa. Super. 2016), was decided and the vacating and remanding of the order was based on a similar...