Name Change Print This Page

Many adults who are getting divorced choose to retake and reuse their prior name or maiden name. The procedure for doing this is fairly simple. Changing a child’s name is more complicated. A request to change a child's name is within the discretion of the court and may be changed if it is proven that the proposed name is in the child's best interests. 

Obermayer family law attorneys can assist you in completing and submitting all the necessary documents to facilitate a name change for you and/or your child.