Trusts & Estates Print This Page
Obermayer’s Trusts & Estates attorneys possess strong, diversified experience in fiduciary law, estate planning and estate and trust administration, and are capable of serving both individual and corporate clients, whether they come to us for estate planning or as fiduciaries or beneficiaries.
Our estates practice covers a wide range of planning, from more modest estates to large estates in excess of $50 million. We prepare an array of documents including “basic” wills, powers of attorney and living wills (advance directives).
We additionally provide advice and guidance to executors, trustees and guardians who administer fiduciary funds, and the beneficiaries of such funds. We assist with the probate process, preparation and filing of all necessary forms, inventories and tax returns (estate, inheritance, gift and income taxes) and prepare fiduciary accounts for the settlement of estates and trusts in an informal setting, as well as with formal court audits.
Our attorneys are well versed in all aspects of litigation in the Orphans’ and Probate Court Divisions of local common pleas courts involving decedent’s estates, guardianships for minors or incapacitated persons and trusts. We frequently handle audit proceedings (to approve formal accounts), will contests, surcharge actions and suits to obtain guardianship.
Obermayer’s Trusts & Estates attorneys provide the following:
- Powers of attorney
- Living wills (advance directives)
- Exemption equivalent/marital deduction planning
- Generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Grantor trusts
- Qualified domestic trusts
- Dynasty trusts
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Qualified personal residence trusts
- Supplemental needs trusts
- Specifically tailored beneficiary designation forms for IRA and retirement plan benefits
- Business succession planning